Information detailing your procedure will have been supplied to you on consult. Please read all the information carefully as it outlines your procedure, any preparation needed, also any potential risks, and the expected outcomes. Please also refer to the checklist below.
Pre-Admission is a very important part of your medical care at Warringah Day Surgery. If you have not completed our Health Assessment form on consult then please either follow the below link or collect and fill in a paper copy that can be brought in with you on the day of surgery.
Our nurse may contact you by telephone prior to your admission to discuss your medical history, admission and discharge details. Please take this opportunity to raise any questions or concerns you have about your admission.
Day Surgery Benefits
Rest assured we provide the highest standard in patient care and have a variety of amenities when visiting our facility for your comfort and convenience which include:
- Free off-street parking
- Easy drop-off and pick up for patients and visitors, all on one level
- Intimate and well appointed decor that offers privacy
- Highly trained, full-time nurses and support staff
- Modern equipment in a professional and personal setting
- Highest standards in hygiene and infection control
On arrival could you please have the following information ready for your admission:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (e.g. DVA, Private health insurance, WorkCover or self-funding)
- Benefit details (e.g. pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- You will be asked to arrive 30 minutes before your procedure time in order to complete the admission process.
- In the event of delays, we ask for your understanding. Where delays occur, our staff commit to keeping you updated.
- Prepare to be at Warringah Day Surgery for three to six hrs.
- Bring music or a book to keep you entertained (you will be allocated a small locker for when you’re in surgery)
- Eat a decent breakfast as all procedures are performed under local anesthetic.
- Snacks and beverages are provided for you throughout your stay.
Checklist for minor surgery
- Check time, date and address for Warringah Day Surgery.
- Discuss your travel arrangements to and from surgery with us – we have parking available if you require it
- Continue your normal meals and medication unless instructed not to
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Wash your hair, remove makeup and jewellery
- Do not wear contact lenses (if they are the type that requires removal at night time)
- Bring medications that would normally be due to take
- Leave jewellery and valuables at home
- Prepare to be away for roughly an hour – wear loose, button-up clothing for easy-undress
- Inform us if you are on aspirin, Astrix, Cardiprin, Warfarin, Plavix, Iscover, Assasantin, Dipyridamole, or any other blood thinner.
- Prepare for when you get home – make sure you have any necessary pain relief on hand, and be prepared to miss a certain period of work (we’ll give you a medical certificate).